Tuesday, July 21, 2015

In The Interim


I started this blog with the best of intentions.  It was supposed  to be my release valve and my repository.  Obviously I have failed in that regard.  But, that doesn't mean it hasn't been valuable.  I have written a host of blog posts in my head that I haven't taken the time to write out here over the years.  In working through those posts in my head I have ended up working through those feelings, emotions and situations.  I just never posted anything as a result.  Mission accomplished in the end in some respects, but now I miss out on having a record of all those things.

I guess I'm writing this as a bridge between good intentions at the outset and a new commitment to use this blog for its intended purpose as I go forward.  Why?

Well, God seems to be doing something.  Or, He seems to be getting ready to do something.  There has been a lot of activity around me - introductions that God has orchestrated, new opportunities and invitations, the closing of some doors and the opening of others and this freaky, scary-in-a-good-way feeling that God is about to move in and around where I am at and that He is going to involve me in it somehow.  I can't quite explain it better than that right now, but I feel the electricity in the air, the smell of it on the wind.  It is going to rain, really storm, as the metaphor goes, and I'm about to get drenched as I get caught in the middle of it.  And, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment